Aftercare tips for brows and lashes
With the right aftercare, your clients will enjoy their lash lift and eyebrows much longer. Some clients may already know how to take care of them, while others have no idea they even need to treat their lash extensions and eyebrows. You must give them the right tips, so the client gets the best results and returns for new appointments!
The first 24 hours after a brow lamination are crucial and you must treat them with care to ensure the longevity of the treatment. With the below aftercare tips, your clients will be able to keep a salon-perfect brow shape and ensure they are hydrated, healthy and strong:
- Don’t get your brows wet within the first 24 hours – avoid baths, showers, swimming and steam from saunas
- Avoid using makeup or facial treatments for the first 24 hours
- Use a brow conditioner every day
- Avoid any excessive rubbing or touching of the brows
- For the first 48 hours, avoid sleeping on your front.
With the right aftercare, lash extensions can last up to 4 weeks. The extensions will fall out as the natural lashes grow and reach the end of their life cycle. When they shed, they take the attached extension with them and leave gaps. That’s why clients should come in for infill appointments every 2-3 weeks to keep a full eyelash look. Even at home eyelash extensions are a high maintenance beauty treatment. They require very gentle care to ensure long-lasting results. These are must-do aftercare tips:
- Avoids wetting the eyelashes for 48 hours, keep the face dry in the shower. Clients could wash their face in the sink using a washcloth but avoiding the eye area.
- Be gentle with new lashes, don’t pick or pull extensions ever. When washing the face always wipe gently and pat the lashes dry after.
- Avoid using heavy make-up and stay away from eyelash curlers. After all, you don’t need mascara when you have extensions.
- Don’t use oil-based products around the eyes as they could break down the adhesive and prematurely make lash extensions fall out.
- Brush the eyelash extensions at least twice a day with a clean lash wand to keep them in place.
- Wash the eyelashes at least twice a day with approved lash cleansers to stop dirt and make-up from building up.
- Dry eyelash extensions with a handheld fan or with a blow dryer on a cool, low setting
- Avoid sleeping on the side or stomach so the eyelashes won’t be bent in a weird shape.
At Beautiful Brows and Lashes, we offer several eyebrows and eyelash treatment courses to become a fully qualified technician. Our half-day courses are held in Liverpool and come with all the necessary tools to help you start your career.
- Beautiful Brows